Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Stepping Stone; Garden Of Light

Dear Diary,
            Finally it is OVER! I want to scream out loud that this thing is over, finish, finito! ;p But whatever it is, I do had fun and experienced a lot of things during this 3 months process. Sometime, things happen weirdly, the things that I really planned early, throughoutly and specificly tak menjadi. But the things that had been rejected is the one that fit the picture perfectly.


           For this event, I chose to be in charge of the decorations. And since the theme is Garden of Light so, the first thing tht came out to my otak is Fullhouse and i-City. How on earth I want to combine that 2 venues  in The Dining Room? But I did managed to proposed sumting to the board & the board seems to agree. Throughout the way of making this decoration a success, banyak sangat halangan yg ditempuh. Assignments jangan cakaplaa, group work, presentations and peperangan dalam board members tuh sendiri. If I let my feelings get over me, I think I already quit. But I tried to hard to control myself from doing that because I think that if I cant survive this, Ill not going to survive the real world. Masalah tuh tetap akan berlaku walau kite kat mane pown. Cume yang bezakan aQ dengan orang lain, Im not a QUITTER & I wont WALK-OUT from my problems, walau sakit macam mane hati, walau its the most frustrated thing in the world. If aQ yg bertanggungjawab, aQ tkkn mudah mengalah!


         From this journey, I get to noe and understand more on people behaviour. Kalu tengokkan, memang this event has bring out the true colours of everyone, including me. Macam tak percaya pon ada, tapi when the thing became so stressful u just want to let it go, then dari situ perwatakkan seseorang akan lebih menyerlah. Even how much u want to hide it, u just cant. I can categorized a few of the personalities. 1st is the 'Bossy' type; suruh sarah orang lain sana sini but diri sendiri tak de laa berape banyak sangat nak contribute. 2nd is the 'Dreamer' type; want this and that, promise to this and that, and want people make this and that but in the end, nothing. 3rd is the 'You-Know-All' type; taw semua bende but bile datang dekat hal sendiri, tak taw nak buat macam mane. 4th the 'Its-Not-My-Problem' type; the event is a group work, yes it was separated to different department and responsibilities, but it is still a group work not individual and others dont have to bother. 5th the 'Lets-Do-This' type; wow! this person is the most bersemangat punya orang sampai sanggup korbankan sume bende yg has the same level of priority. 6th is the 'Team Player'; from this event, I know which people are really FRIENDS or a TEAM and who is NOT.


          From this event to, had pushed out people unwanted or unnoticed capabilities & qualities. Sebanarnya tak sedar pown yang diri sendiri boleh pergi sejauh itu. U just dont realised that u have that talent hidden inside and this event Garden of Light does really shine the talent inside you. Good or bad talent dosent really matter, kalau the talent is good just polish it up more laaa, if the talent is bad, then if u notice u have to do sumting about it, FAST!


          My dreams in the end of the day is to open up an event planning business and also a restaurant and an owner of McDonald franchise ;p So event nih, mmg aQ anggap macam satu pengalaman yg paling berharga, cos this is the thing that Ill going to do after all. Penat memanglaa penat, but this is wat I want so this is the struggle that I have to go with. Sebab tuh blog kali nih tajuk dia 'A Stepping Stone' cz event and responsibility tht I hold yg lebih membuatkan aQ yakin with my dreams. I now that I still need to learn more, this one event its not enough, there are a lot lot lot more to learn. And there are things that I need to improve such as temper, time management, planning, control, trust and details. My working together skill still need to brush up, well that is basically fall into 'trust'. I do not trust people easily, so that is the reason why I tend to do all the things on my own.


         Anything, anything we do in this world will get feedbacks. Anything and everything and even how hard we try to be perfect but still received a negative input. Tuh biasela kan, human wil never be perfect. But that is not an excuse to not to be perfect or to not improved ourselves. Comments yg Mr D bagi at the end of the event, mmg sesuatu yg mengejutkan and unpredictable. But what he say its true, we are just to focus on one thing until forgets the other details. The small small touch or things yg kita pikir its just a small matter but if we noticed that matter and see it as a big matter, it will make a big difference to the whole event. Be precise, sense of urgency, observe and react sangat sangat IMPORTANT in running an event. Well, eventho ada rase sedih but I take Mr D feedback as an important wake-up-call to improve myself and I do take it personally but in a way that I will prove to him that I can be that person one day!


         So, u want to see what is the end result of my responsibilities? Here it goes :)


































Before i forget! THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED ME TO MAKE MY GARDEN OF LIGHT CAME TRUE :) I LOVE YOU ALL <3

No comments:

Post a Comment