Sunday, April 7, 2013

OUTBAC BROGA @BROGA, NEGERI SEMBILAN - CAVING

Dear Diary,
             Yesterday (06042013) me and Suek Ih, Li Lu, Wei Jing, Quenny, Eilain, Nic, Tommy, Kah Meng, and Yee Hong (10 of us) decided to do something different. Actually I was the replacement of one of my classmate Stephanie who could not make it due to her sickness, so it is something that I love to do and I was doing it really frequently before, just after the 2nd comma in 2008, I have not gotten the chance to do it again, so bulan jatuh ke riba, I just grab it laa! ;p 

Reminder: This post will be mix in language (English + Bahasa Melayu = Manglish) but I will try to type it in a correct spelling if I write something in Malay so that anyone of you readers does not understand Malay at least you can Google Translate it ;p

            The organizer for this trip is Wei Jing, she is one of my classmate since diploma. So she started a group in FB planning an outing for us classmates and so she suggested to go for Outbac Broga and have some adventure where the Outbac Broga provide outdoor activities for their guests. So Wei Jing (WJ) purchased a group tickets from Groupon. So the trip was set on Saturday (means yesterday) and we went fron Sun-U to Queeny's place and drove to Broga.

             We were suppose to arrive at 9am, but we did arrived a bit late but no harm, the activities also started a bit late, so win-win situation laa kan ;p We were welcome by one of the facilitators and asked us to wait at the dining hall while waiting for another faci, Steph to give us a briefing before the activities started. It was an open dining hall and it was located in an area where they set-up a game called Leap of Faith. Therefore, while waiting we watched this another group of participant accompanied by 1 faci doing this Leap of Faith thing. So while watching, all 10 of us was like "Owh shit! so scarry!!" "its so high..." and I was cool and chill and smile but in my heart "Fuck! can I reach that bar....shit!" then Steph came into the picture and give us briefing.....(Ill talk about how this Leap of Faith game work later).

             So, our 1st activity is Caving! So Steph brief us about the Do's and Dont's and what to bring and etc laaaa. Dont bring any electronic things, because in the cave we are needed to dive in a water/river, and any valuable things. Wear covered shoes, if you didn't bring it or wearing a RM400 shoe and sayang nanti rosak, you can purchase a Adidas rubber shoe (Kampung shoe, she called) it's rubber and comfortable and its water proof and it only cost RM10.00. If any on us wear any spectacles please tied it and if dont have you can also buy it and you are not required to bring any back-packs and only required to bring torch-light and water bottle ONLY! So, there we go, anything we don't have we buy at the auntie shop inside and all our valuables we putted in our car (and speaking of car, there some incident happen which Im going to talk about it later ;p )

             Ready, Set, Go! From the Outbac Broga camp we need to ride a lori ayam, to get to the place where we need to hike up about 20 minutes before arrive at the cave. We were combined with some of the students from UNITAR and we were lead by 3/4 facilitators. So when we reached there, before we start hiking, the faci gave us a short briefing and I dont actually remember what he talked about and most of the time is in Chinese but luckily one of the faci translate it to English for me. Well what can I do, Im the ONLY ONE MALAY in the whole big group...hahaah! But no heart taken because Im already used to it ;p

             We start out hiking and there are some obstacles and narrow slimy road and bumpy road and high cliffs, but we survive all that even though, I did fall or stumbled and tripped few, MANY times, hehe. But luckily I was between Nic and Yee Hong (YH) so they helped me a alot :) and of cos, our faci WH :)) So done hiking and arrived at the mouth of the cave, it was a very narrow entrance to start with and a lot of bending required. At this stage, Im thankful to Allah SWT that made me not too tall and not too short ;p just right proportion to helped me through the caving expedition :) The cave was really really dark, and not only that plus its narrow and small, it also have running water in it, my guess waterfall is somewhere near because the water runs so fast and its COLD and REFRESHING! Of course laaa, mineral water maaaa. So other then getting dirty, we are also getting wet. There were so many rocks in the cave, which we have to bend, crawl and even lay down on the ground to pass though it. And not to forget, there this one part where we have to dive and swim because we were passing this one hole and while we dive and swim, we need to navigate our body to the right so that we dont get banged by the sharp rock on the left and you cant see a thing under water ;p

          Nic did mentioned that he did went through a though time in some certain places in the cave where the opening is not an opening is a rabbit-hole! It was so small and I really wonder, can my fat-Beyonce-ass get through ;p So thats why Im pretty save to have Nic In front of me and YH is behind me. Because both of them really helped me a lot and YH acted more like a big brother even I was older then him......sweet right! I did struggled in the cave, but I make sure my self not to scream, tapi melatah "opocot mak kau" tuh adalah kan :D banyak kali pulak tuh. Because once I scream, Ill get panic and everything will going to be wrong, so I managed to calmed myself the whole journey and listen to the instructions were told by WH, Nic and YH :)) (Im such a good student!) And Im still alive today! YEAY!!! I'm bulletproof bebeh ;p

       When we were almost reached the exit, the obstacles that I went through is sharp rocks. I did have scratches in my fingers but I'm scratches-free from my arms, thighs and the whole body unlike my other friends. Hehe, Suek Ih (SI) called me a "show-off" because I did prepared myself well to no-to-scratch by wearing a long pants and long sleeved shirt while trekking and caving :D and did manage to avoid the mosquitoes love-bite also, heeeeeeeee....yea I'm such a "show-off" heheehe :D So while climbing out to the exit or "the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel" we still need to shoveled our body through tiny holes and FRESH AIR AND CLOUDY DAY! Means, I already get out from the cave laa wei!

       So the final part is, we climbed up, so now we need to climbed down. So this particular path I did use my big-Beyonce-ass to help me go down by SLIDING! Because the caving only already flushed out all strength and power in my body and my legs are already wobbly. And then, here we are again in the lori ayam going back to the camp to have our lunch. 1 bungkus nasik with kari ayam and sayur and telur goreng for that lunch yesterday, TAK CUKUP!!! :B

p/s: Wow! there are so many perenggan just to write about the caving ONLY. SO maybe Ill stop here and continue about the other games later tonight. Ill see you later :))  

No comments:

Post a Comment